Designed to help Australian based staff that have responsibility for New Zealand tax compliance understand their responsibilities and requirements.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now
This workshop option includes a dedicated session with a PwC Director at a time of your choosing to answer any specific queries you have.
Our foundation course will focus on the practical challenges of managing New Zealand tax compliance for income tax, GST, fringe benefit tax, non-resident withholding tax and non-resident contractors tax. The content is updated every year to factor in changes in legislation and Inland Revenue approaches.
This workshop will use a mix of presentations and practical case studies to cover the following:
- An overview of the New Zealand income tax regime, with a focus on identifying key income tax risk areas and the typical tax adjustments to accounting profit, for example: transfer pricing, thin capitalisation and non-deductible expenditure.
- A case study using financial statements to prepare a tax calculation and corporate tax return form.
- Managing provisional tax obligations and maximising interest outcomes with the recently changed rules.
- Dealing with Inland Revenue, for example; during risk reviews, audits and requesting amendments to filed income tax returns.
- Overview of all indirect tax (PAYE, FBT, GST, withholding taxes) obligations including highlighting key risk areas and common errors, calculation options, maximising exemptions, etc.
Continuing Professional Development
8 Hours (verifiable).
$1,200 AUD per registration
Jodee is a director in our Wellington office. She has over 15 years tax experience with a predominantly corporate tax background specialising in M&A and accounting based issues and compliance. Jodee has a wide client base covering the infrastructure, natural resources and energy sector as well as corporate entities with trans Tasman considerations.
Originally from the UK and only due to be in New Zealand for 2 years, Jodee is still here 8 years later spending her free time exploring the countryside or playing hockey
Tom is a Director with over 15 years of tax experience. Tom started his career with PwC in London before moving to Wellington in 2009. He has a broad base of clients across different industries including high net worth individuals, private businesses and partnerships, multinationals and listed companies. Tom leads the delivery of NZ tax services to over 50 clients that are headquartered in Melbourne.
As well as being a tax adviser Tom is a licensed immigration adviser and provides tax and immigration advice in relation to cross border movement of employees and high net worth individuals.
Tom works closely with his clients to ensure they receive timely, effective and relevant advice to meet their needs. Tom has wide experience in advising his clients on complex tax issues as well as focussing on the annual compliance processes and the challenges these bring. Tom strives to deliver understandable, practical solutions taking into consideration commercial drivers.