A good negotiator achieves the best possible long and short-term outcomes. This workshop builds the skills you need to negotiate the result you desire.
May 151 day, Wed 9:00 AM - Wed 4:30 PM PwC Centre, Wellington
- $862.50 incl. GST
May 171 day, Fri 9:00 AM - Fri 4:30 PM PwC Auckland
- $862.50 incl. GST
We all negotiate daily in countless communications ranging from formal to very informal. This programme focuses on managing different negotiation contexts. It provides practical tools to apply to any situation and gives you a far better opportunity to achieve successful outcomes, whatever your style.
Our new one day negotiate your way to success workshop will help you understand the issues of negotiation including what is negotiation and the difficulties of negotiation in work.
By the end of this workshop you will:
- Understand taking a win/win approach and other approaches to negotiation and the consequences of each approach.
- Understand how to prepare for negotiation
Session One - Issues in negotiation
- What is negotiation?
- Difficulties of negotiation at work
Session Two: Taking a win/win approach
- Win/win and other approaches to negotiation
- The consequences of each approach
Session Three: Preparing for negotiation
- Researching the negotiation
- Enlarging the options
- Building your fallback position
- Planning your tactics
- Steps in the process and why they matter
- Practice preparing for a negotiation
Session Four: Key principles for handling the negotiation
- Understanding the role of the people issues
- How to find out what is really going on
- How to avoid giving away too much
- Practice of these principles
This workshop is a must attend for anyone who would like to build the skills you need to negotiate successfully.
CPD - 7 hours
Seminar facilitator - Janine Gould
Janine is a founder and director of Communicate Consultants and has over twenty years' experience working with individuals and groups from a wide range of sectors including Government, Corporate and Not for profits.
She understands the challenges people face in a changing business world. Working both nationally and internationally, Janine understands the need for people and teams to strengthen their skills and reach their full potential, often working with aspiring leaders to give their voices greater impact and presence.
Janine is accredited to the DiSC Behavioural Style Inventory and EBW (Emotional Intelligence at Work); certified in the frameworks of the Conflict Resolution Network of Australia and is a member of The New Zealand Institute of Directors.