This webinar recording on IFRS 16 will delve into the details of the fundamental changes to lease accounting brought about through IFRS 16.
Webinar recordingIFRS 16 - LeasesWebinar recording
- 517.50 NZD incl. GST
Our webinars are an easy and convenient way to meet your IFRS training requirements. Our 4 hour webinar is split into two webinars, each for two hours, on consecutive days.
The following are some of the areas that will be covered in the IFRS 16 webinar:
- The impact on balance sheets, leverage ratios, and capital ratios.
- The change to both the expense character and recognition pattern when compared to IAS 17.
- The effect on commonly used financial metrics such as gearing ratio, current ratio, asset turnover, EBIT, operating profit and net income, etc.
- Possible impact on the areas such as finance and accounting, IT, procurement, tax, treasury, legal, operations and corporate real estate, etc.
- The practical implications and transition guidance.
Upon satisfactory completion of this activity delegates will be able to:
- Explain the fundamental requirements of IFRS 16 including key changes from IAS 17.
- Identify the common challenges and pitfalls when applying the requirements of IFRS 16.
- Explore the frequently asked questions raised by companies and auditors regarding implementation to date.
- Explain key disclosure and transition requirements.
- Use the information presented as a framework to developing project plans for implementation and to ensure a robust governance process is in place.
- Use relevant case studies and scenarios to understand how the requirements should be applied and how it is likely to affect you.
- Identify commercial arrangements in interpreting criteria such ‘definition of a lease’, ‘identified asset’ and ‘lease term’ and the impact on accounting outcomes.
- Identify the risks in a lease portfolio, areas of potential cost savings and lease portfolio optimisation.
Benefit from detailed case studies, practical insights and frequently asked questions on implementation issues around IFRS 16, which should enable you to effectively implement the new requirements.
|20 Sep||Introductory corporate treasury management course|
|10 Oct||Financial Modelling for Finance professionals|
|Webinar recording||IFRS 9 Financial Instruments|
|28 May||R&D Tax Credit Seminar|