Become a more confident and successful manager to achieve results. Most managers are promoted on the basis of expertise and good personal performance. What happens next is a mix of luck, adaptability and support of fellow managers.
Jan 242 days, Thu 8:30 AM - Fri 5:00 PM Auckland
- $2,294.25 incl. GST
In association with University of Auckland Business school, PwC is pleased to showcase University of Auckland's leadership course within our training portfolio.
This course uses relevant theory, research and participant’s own experiences to explore the modern role of management.
- The impact of attitudes and the need to be confident
- The need for practical and ongoing learning for managers and staff
- The reality of habits – good and bad
- Being a female manager
- Being younger or less experienced than your staff
- The critical role communication plays in effective management
- The reality of power and its positive use as a manager
- The concept of accountability and its role in effective management
- The practicalities of motivation and application for manager
What participants say
"The facilitator's interactive hands-on approach, with textbook based learning made the information a lot easier to take on-board. The course was relevant and easily catered to the questions and experiences raised by myself and fellow students. It has also given me a fresh perspective on any issues I encounter and change my approach to business."
Nathan Brand – Owner @ Lucky Rentals
"The facilitator was great, understood our challenges and provided guidance and tools to put into practice for better outcomes."
Kruti Mehta - Team Leader @ Instant Finance
"I enjoyed the opportunity to talk with people that I normally wouldn't meet and discuss each of our solutions to various workplace issues. I liked the role plays as it gave us an opportunity to work through techniques without it being too close to home."
Katarina Adams - Pharmacist @ Westmere Pharmacy
Assess and understand the skills and knowledge requirements for your staff to perform their roles, develop appropriate job descriptions, implement and manage the accountability processes as well as the assignment or delegation of tasks.
Monitoring inputs and outputs, provision of timely feedback, corrective action with continuous encouragement of staff in performing to the agreed standards.
Intermeshed within this course there will be opportunities to identify instances where you could improve your management capability, through planning, organising and controlling its implementation.
As a manager your success is reflected in your team’s performance!
- Gain greater confidence in your role as manager
- Develop a more consistent and focused management practice
- Be more proactive in working with their staff to achieve results
- Develop a team accountability culture
- Apply their insights to become more successful as managers
Your organisation will:
- Gain ongoing proactive development of management capability
- Receive encouragement of a positive accountability culture
- Achieve growth of a dedicated, competent and focused work force
Who should attend
- Team members who are planning to get into management
- Those who are new to management and who need development in their role
- Those who need refresher in the capabilities of management
Your organisation may be eligible to use a Capability Development Voucher through the NZTE Regional Business Partner Network on this course. Follow this link to find out more www.exec.auckland.ac.nz/nzte
This course may qualify as a continuing professional development (CPD) activity. Please check with your professional body.
Facilitated by Jolyon Allen
Jolyon worked as a clinical psychologist and training supervisor before completing an MBA from the University of Auckland and subsequently spent ten years as Associate Director with KPMG Consulting. He currently consults to NZ and Australian companies in continuous improvement practices and staff development and has taught the management paper for the Post-Graduate Diploma in Business since 2006.
|Register interest||How to develop and present a winning business case|
|Register interest||Managing digital and cyber security risks|
|26 Feb||Emotional Intelligence - Engaged Leadership|
|26 Mar||Professional ethics training for business professionals|