Do you look at financial information and see a blur of numbers? Like it or not, financial information is fundamental to how successful organisations operate and it's not just the finance team that needs to understand it. This seminar will help you understand the language of accountants, key concepts and the information presented in financial information.
We've developed a full day seminar to demystify accounting and its jargon for people who work with financial information but lack confidence with it. We'll help you understand the fundamentals and share tips and tricks to help you understand accounting, budgeting and financial information to ensure you can work more effectively with the numbers that are relevant to you.
Specifically the course will cover:
- Understanding financial statements.
- Accounting concepts and principles.
- Interpreting financial statements and using financial ratios.
- Common accounting terminology.
- Areas of interest e.g. depreciation, debt versus equity financing, income recognition.
- Budgeting and income tax
- Topical issues (Cloud accounting etc).
This course is relevant for:
- Non-accountants in finance teams.
- Anyone who has to communicate with accountants.
- Anyone wanting a basic understanding of financial reporting.
- Anyone responsible for setting or managing a budget.
- Anyone wanting a broad knowledge of accounting fundamentals to enable them to be more effective.
Is your organisation interested in a custom training group session? Please contact us for further details.
Continuing Professional Development
$750.00 plus GST, includes lunch and refreshments
Ross Nelson is a Partner in our Wellington office. He has over 15 years experience providing tax and accounting advice to a diverse range of businesses, from privately owned businesses to large corporates. When he gets the chance you're most likely to find him on Wellington's south coast either diving or trying to keep up with his two young boys.
Isabel is a Manager in the Private Business team in our Auckland office. Isabel has worked with a range of privately owned businesses to provide accounting and tax advice. Isabel is passionate about delivering forward looking, proactive business advice to help clients succeed and grow their businesses.
Isabel is a key member of our Cloud Enablement team, helping clients make better use of technology to improve their accounting and business processes. In her spare time, Isabel enjoys spending time in the outdoors, out running, or away tramping or camping.
|30 May||Management Fundamentals|
|Register interest||Practical Guidance on Trust Taxation|
|Webinar recording||IFRS 15 - Revenue from Contracts with Customers|
|17 Jul||Presenting with impact for finance and business professionals|