This workshop will provide you with the tools to create financial models aligned with PwC's best practice principles.
Oct 101 day, Thu 8:30 AM - Thu 5:30 PM PwC Auckland
- $1,374.25 incl. GST
Our financial modelling specialists help organisations develop financial models to understand and analyse key commercial and financial drivers and make important strategic decisions.
Robust, reliable and well constructed financial models provide critical support for businesses making key investment and strategic decisions. Microsoft Excel is the primary tool for building models due to its flexibility, ease of use. Models built using Microsoft Excel can be powerful analytical tools however the flexibility provided by Excel also introduces challenges and risks. Appropriate planning, critical thinking and experience can minimise those risks and ensure the model conveys relevant information to support the decision.
This workshop will provide you with the tools to create financial models aligned with PwC's best practice principles, and involves the hands-on development of an integrated financial model.
Financial Modelling for Finance Professionals' covers PwC's 10 modelling best practices and is an introduction into integrated financial statement modelling.
It is a practical course where you will spend most of your time in Excel building up a financial model. After taking this course, you should:
- be able to recognise the key features of a best practice financial model and have a high-level understanding of how to implement them in your own financial models
- have improved your basic spreadsheeting skills
- understand the key components of a model
- understand the key linkages between the three financial statements.
The course is split into two parts - the morning session covers PwC's 10 modelling best practices and the remainder of the day is spent on a case study which involves building up a financial model.
The case study is divided into the following nine parts:
- Part one: Inputs
- Part two: Operations
- Part three: Working Capital
- Part four: PP&E
- Part five: Tax
- Part six: Financing
- Part seven: Interest
- Part eight: DCF
- Part nine: Dashboard
Benefits of attending:
Led by our leading financial modelling specialists, these workshops are interactive and engaging allowing you to clearly understand the methodology for best practice financial modelling.
By the end of this workshop you will:
- acquire skills to effectively construct robust, flexible (and ideally simple!) financial models
- understand the best practice principles developed by PwC's financial modelling team
Specifics for the workshop:
- Participants will need to have proficiency in Microsoft Excel and have some experience in developing financial models and analytical tools
- Participants will need to bring a laptop with Microsoft Excel to enable hands-on completion of practical exercises
This workshop is designed for professionals working in roles such as finance, corporate finance, management accounting, banking, operational management and other roles that involve analysis of financial and operational data and financial modelling.
|Register interest||Financial wellbeing - planning for your future|
|28 May||PBE Financial reporting update|
|02 Sep||Ultimate tax update package 2019|
|Webinar recording||IFRS 9 Financial Instruments|