Are you responsible for driving quality relationships with external and internal stakeholders? Would you like to be more effective in meetings to enable you to drive better business outcomes? Facilitated by Janine Gould, founder and director of Communicate Consultants, Effective communication – thinking on your feet will show you how to communicate your ideas with impact, build positive stakeholder relationships and understand the power of feedback.
Apr 291 day, Mon 9:00 AM - Mon 4:30 PM PwC Centre, Wellington
- $862.50 incl. GST
May 061 day, Mon 9:00 AM - Mon 4:30 PM PwC Auckland
- $862.50 incl. GST
In today’s fast-paced business environment characterised by information overload and high opportunity costs for time, getting your ideas across clearly, concisely and persuasively – even if you have little or no time to prepare –is a skill business professionals can’t do without.
By the end of this seminar you will be able to:
- be able to build effective relationships and be convincing and memorable when speaking to management, clients, peers and other stakeholders
- understand how to use the power of positive feedback
- be able to lead and influence meetings to ensure that you make an impact.
This seminar is a must attend event for:
Business and Finance Professionals, anyone whose effectiveness depends on reaching others through the spoken word.
CPD: 7 hours
Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea provided.
Session one 9am – 11.30am
Relationship building and networking
This session will help you understand how to effectively enhance your skills in building positive relationships:
- The importance of building and maintaining business relationships.
- The challenges you find in relationship building and its purpose in today’s work context.
- Introverts and extroverts – tips on working with each other.
- Mapping your networks – how to make the best use of your time building and maintaining relationships.
Session two 11.30am - 3pm
Engaging and impactful meetings
This session will show you how to successfully lead and influence meetings:
- Preparing for your meeting - quick tips for the variety of meetings.
- Managing diverse styles and position levels.
- Taking charge and adapting your style.
- Leading the meeting - the speech of orientation.
- Being concise and clear about your purpose.
- Thinking with clarity - the PREP method.
- Creating the conversation.
Session three 3pm - 4.30pm
Harnessing the power of feedback
This session will show you how to focus on adding impact to your relationships using the power of positive feedback:
- The principles behind successful feedback.
- Skill building
- The body language of rapport
- Using the DENBA method - planning and having the conversation
- Going effective feedback 'Catch them doing something good'
Seminar facilitator - Janine Gould
Janine is a founder and director of Communicate Consultants and has over twenty years' experience working with individuals and groups from a wide range of sectors including Government, Corporate and Not for profits.
She understands the challenges people face in a changing business world. Working both nationally and internationally, Janine understands the need for people and teams to strengthen their skills and reach their full potential, often working with aspiring leaders to give their voices greater impact and presence.
Janine is accredited to the DiSC Behavioural Style Inventory and EBW (Emotional Intelligence at Work); certified in the frameworks of the Conflict Resolution Network of Australia and is a member of The New Zealand Institute of Directors.
|17 Jul||Presenting with impact for finance and business professionals|
|26 Mar||Professional ethics training for business professionals|
|06 Jun||Emotional Intelligence - Engaged Leadership|
|09 May||Resilience and Stress Reactions in the Workplace|