Our webinars are an easy and convenient way to meet your IFRS training requirements. Our 4 hour webinar is split into two webinars, each for two hours, on consecutive days.
Oct 17IFRS 9 session dates Webinar
- $517.50 incl. GST
Session 1Wed 17 Oct 13:00 - Wed 17 Oct 15:00Webinar
Session 2Thu 18 Oct 13:00 - Thu 18 Oct 15:00Webinar
These intensive webinar sessions presented by PwC on IFRS 9 will delve into the details of the fundamental changes, with a specific focus on hedge accounting, to enable you to effectively implement the new requirements.
The following are some areas that will be covered during the IFRS 9 workshops:
- The new model for the classification and measurement of financial assets and liabilities and differences from IAS 39.
- IFRS 9’s new impairment model.
- The shift away from IAS 39’s incurred credit loss approach to an expected credit loss model.
- Hedge accounting.
- Quantitative testing requirements.
- Disclosure requirements.
- Practical considerations and transition guidance.
Upon satisfactory completion of this activity delegates will be able to:
- Explain the fundamental requirements of IFRS 9 including the key changes from IAS 39.
- Identify the common challenges and pitfalls when applying the requirements of IFRS 9.
- Identify the frequently asked questions raised by companies and auditors regarding implementation to date.
- Ascertain the practical expedients and operational simplifications available to assist with implementation.
- Explain key disclosure and transition requirements.
- Use relevant case studies and sample models to understand how the requirements should be applied.
- Identify key issues in applying an expected credit loss model for impairment including how to calculate expected credit losses.
- Explore opportunities to use new hedging strategies that were not previously available and the result on income statement outcomes.
Benefit from detailed case studies, practical insights and frequently asked questions on implementation issues around IFRS 9, which should enable you to effectively implement the new requirements.
Continuing Professional Development
$450.00 plus GST
Stephen specialises in IFRS and is recognised as one of NZ's leading IAS 39 and IFRS 9 practitioners. Stephen’s specialism in financial instruments and hedge accounting enables him to bring deep technical knowledge and extensive practical experience. He is familiar with current trends and developments ensuring clients always receive the best advice.
Stephen provides IFRS advice to PwC engagement teams and to a large range of clients, where he is the primary accounting advisor. He has also provided one-off IFRS advice to numerous leading organisations. Stephen presents externally on IFRS and other technical accounting issues and is involved in PwC’s internal training programmes.
Prior to joining the Accounting Advisory Services team in 2004 Stephen had spent 10 years working in assurance including 5 years of experience in Canada and the UK primarily servicing clients in the investment management industry.
|06 Nov||Professional ethics training for business professionals|
|Register interest||Ultimate Tax Update Package|
|Webinar recording||Indirect tax - customs and GST update|
|24 Oct||IFRS 16 - Leases|