What drives proactive behaviour, motivates, commitment, inspiration, understanding, decision-making, healthy conflict resolution and overall performance in organisations today? Leaders who are skilled in using emotional intelligence (EI) as a professional influence tool.
Aug 072 days, Tue 8:30 AM - Wed 5:00 PM Auckland
- $2,294.25 incl. GST
Nov 152 days, Thu 8:30 AM - Fri 5:00 PM Auckland
- $2,294.25 incl. GST
In association with the University of Auckland Business School, PwC is pleased to showcase their Executive Education leadership course within our training portfolio.
“The most effective leaders are all alike in one crucial way: They all have a high degree of what has come to be known as emotional intelligence,” Daniel Goleman, author of the New York Times bestseller Emotional Intelligence.
Organisations are now beginning to switch on to the advantages of having their leaders trained in EI. Leaders who employ EI skills help themselves and their people to:
- Grow stronger relationships at all levels with colleagues, management, clients and stakeholders
- Create ‘proactive’ high-performing teams
- Think and act adaptively no matter the situation
- Communicate with greater openness and purpose
- Achieve better results with greater ownership, accountability and responsibility
In this two-day interactive workshop, you will gain practical and effective skills and tools to understand, engage and influence others to achieve even more. The EI model is simplicity itself, and within each stage participants will gain a multitude of tools for everyday leadership:
- Self-Awareness – the foundation to self-leadership
- Self-Management – the strength, flexibility and confidence to lead, no matter when…no matter what
- Social Awareness – growing your abilities to connect and engage at all levels
- Relationship Management – professional influence skills in leading performance
What participants say
I enjoyed all the course content - it spoke to me well as an emerging leader. A lot of the tools and discussion were applicable."
Andie Quinn - Sales and Service Manager @ ASB Bank
- Increase your strength and flexibility as an influential leader
- Connect and engage with greater confidence and presence
- Lead with greater purpose and proactivity
- Gain key awareness and influence abilities
Your organisation will:
- Increase productivity
- Lower attrition rates
- Retain talented people
- Improve working culture
- Gain greater buy-in and proactive attitudes
Who should attend
- Leaders, professionals and entrepreneurs who want to understand, utilise and grow their abilities toward achieving better results for others and themselves
- Professionals who want to develop and grow self-awareness and leadership
- Business owners, CEOs, professionals, Senior Executives, Government, community and NGO leaders
Your organisation may be eligible to use a Capability Development Voucher through the NZTE Regional Business Partner Network on this course. Follow this link to find out more www.exec.auckland.ac.nz/nzte
This course may qualify as a continuing professional development (CPD) activity. Please check with your professional body.
Facilitated by Peter Blyde
Peter regularly works with the Business School to develop and deliver executive development programmes for corporate clients. A former Senior Executive Programme Director at the New Zealand Leadership Institute (2005 and 2010), Peter was primarily responsible for the Hillary Leadership Programme.
|31 Aug||Leadership that Motivates High Performance|
|07 Jun||Management Fundamentals|
|Register interest||Understanding our individual preferences - MBTI®|
|Register interest||Accounting for the Non-Accountant course|